Detailed description Back
The overall objective (Impact) to which this action contributes is to establish a cooperation facility to support the implementation of the Multi-annual Indicative Programme 2021-2027 and Team Europe Initiatives, including strategic communication activities.
The specific objectives (Outcomes) of this contract are as follows:
- Support Lesotho’s development strategies, the implementation of the Multiannual Indicative Programme and Team Europe Initiatives;
- Promote the values that inspire the partnership between Lesotho and the European Union.
Qualifications and skills:
- Senior development specialist (more than 10 years) with relevant post-graduate degree in water (management/ engineering/ hydrology) (master or equivalent).
- Knowledge of both written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication skills, knowledge transfer and organisational capacity;
- Proven ability to write, synthesise and systematise information;
- Proven experience in preparing terms of reference, manuals and supporting documents;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the sector of sustainable water resource management (Integrated catchment management, sustainable WASH, water governance);
- Key expert of a minimum of two sustainable water resource management and/or water governance projects preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience as advisor in minimum one long-term assignment providing services in the field of national and international water policy, governance and/or transboundary water cooperation in a country and/or area with a comparable situation as Lesotho, preferably but not exclusively in a Southern African country;
- Experience in providing services in minimum one long-term assignment and/or 3 short-term assignments related to project cycle management (i.e. programming, designing, implementing, evaluating) in the water resource management and/or water governance sector (including sanitation);
- Experience in providing services in minimum one long-term assignment and/or 3 short-term assignments in the field of economic, governance and/or institutional analysis in the water resources sector;
- Experience in providing services in minimum one long-term assignment and/or 2 short-term assignments in the water sector, for activities related to private sector and/or public financing, innovative financing mechanisms such as blended finance, preferably but not exclusively in a sub-Saharan Africa country;
- 2 years of proven experience in the facilitation, mentoring and coaching of institutional personnel engaged in the fields of water resources management;
- Experience of EU contract management of services, blending operations and/or works contracts in the area of water resource management and WASH will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in establishing a knowledge database management system will be considered as an asset;
- Experience of working in similar assignments in Southern Africa will be considered an asset.