Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows: To contribute to enhance EU engagement with Civil Society in partner countries.
The purpose of this contract is as follows: To provide technical support to stakeholders, including DG INTPA Headquarters, EU Delegations, Framework Partnership Agreements’ (FPA)2 signatories, other CSOs and networks of CSOs in the implementation of the “Civil Society and Local Authorities” (CSO-LA) thematic programme in partner countries, covering the period 2021-2023.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in political science/international relations, social sciences, economics, or a relevant, directly related discipline;
- Fluent (C1/C2) in English and at least in Spanish or French. Fluency (C1/C2) in the three languages will be considered as an asset. Either key expert 1 or key expert 2 should have reading skills in Portuguese. Both experts having these skills in Portuguese will be considered as an asset.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in development cooperation / international relations;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience working for a EU institution or (an) international organisation(s).
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in fields related to Civil Society, including experience in promoting the participation of CSOs in development and/or in the capacity development of CSOs in EU partner countries;
- Minimum 3 assignments as team leader, or equivalent, of a team of experts in fields related to Civil Society in development. . Each assignment shall cover a period of minimum 12 months. The experience (in the field or home-based) of the Team Leader should cover countries from at least two of the regions in which the Facility will operate: Africa, Asia and the Pacific, the Neighbourhood, Middle East and Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Previous experience in the context of the CSO-LA thematic programme and/or its predecessor, the NSA-LA thematic programme, will be considered as an asset.
- Each key expert must be fluent in English;
- Spanish or French needs to be fluently spoken by either the key expert 1 and/or key expert 2;
- Fluency (C1/C2) in the three languages (English, French, and Spanish) will be considered as an asset;
- Either key expert 1 or key expert 2 should have reading skills (C1/C2/B2) in Portuguese. Both experts having these skills in Portuguese will be considered as an asset.
The normal place of posting of each key expert will be their place of residence (home).