Detailed description of project Back
The specific objective of the assignment is to conduct a tracer study on TVET I graduates and comprehensively analyse empirical data regarding TVET I graduates and to present the findings and recommendations in a clear and logical report. This report should be comprehensive enough to allow EU Delegation to make an accurate assessment of the immediate and long-term value and contribution of TVET I to the employability of its graduates including the uptake of self-employment opportunities.
The main objectives of this tracer study are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders with:
overall independent assessment of the past performance of the “Support to
the TVET sector in Pakistan (TVET I)” project, paying particular attention
to its results measured against its training and employment objectives;
lessons and recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions.
In particular, this tracer study will serve to assess the performance of component 2 of TVET I in terms of employment, level of income and livelihood of the TVET graduates and usefulness of the training programme to them. It will also assess the usefulness of the skills of graduates of the project to the employers.
Type of services provided
- Initial background document/data collection and study and definition of methods of analysis;
- Background analysis and document analysis;
- Interviews with EU Project Manager (PM), reference group and the partner NGOs.;
- Methodological design of the tracer study (Evaluation Questions with judgement criteria, indicators and methods of data collection and analysis) and evaluation matrix;
- Identification of information gaps and of hypotheses to be tested in the field phase;
- Methodological design of the field Phase: refine work plan with time line and milestones; establish data collection approach and decide on data analyses tools; define sample size and sampling method and of the target groups (graduates, employers); design questionnaires in English and Urdu for each of the target populations;
- Pre-test questionnaires and adjust them as required;
- Train surveyors, collect information;
- Contact and organise the target population, ensure that they are available for survey;
- Entry, cleaning and quality control of quantitative data, collate raw qualitative data;
- Collate and analyse data;
- Final analysis of findings (with focus on the Evaluation Questions);
- Formulation of the overall assessment, conclusions and recommendations;
Main staff provided:
- TL (55 w/d);
- Deputy TL (50 w/d);
- IT Statistician (25 w/d).