Detailed description of project Back
The purpose of the assignment is to support National Treasury to improve the capacity of SA Departments to undertake sector budget support programmes. The specific objective of the assignment is to take forward the capacity development process through:
- Supporting SBS departments to identify and agree a specific training and capacity development support programme;
- Preparation of training materials, tools and guidelines to implement agreed capacity development programmes;
- Undertaking training for departments on an agreed programme of issues;
- Providing agreed advisory support to departments on practical SBS issues as agreed from time to time;
- Supporting a number of seminars of the community of practice for SBS for SA Government departments;
- Managing SBS capacity development process;
- Advisory support to National Treasury on EU programmes, sector and general budget support issues.
Type of services provided
The core services were provided by Senior SBS Expert. Core Services included:
- Participatory analysis of finance agreement, sector programme and capacity requirement analysis. Short analysis report and recommendations on capacity development areas;
- Five sessions of maximum one day each,all departments participating;
- Up to four one day sessions. Prepare sessions materials and process, facilitate sessions and session report. Adjustment to guidelines as required. Inclusion of best practice cases in guidelines based on departmental contributions;
- Review, analyze and advise on identified issues. Planning, progress, managing arrangements.