Detailed description of project Back
The ACP Secretariat under direction of the ACP Group’s policy-making organs (Summit of ACP Heads of State and Government, Council of Ministers, Committee of Ambassadors)is responsible for
- Executing the tasks assignedbythe Summit of ACP Heads of State and Government, Council of Ministers, Committee of Ambassadors and the ACP Parliamentary Assembly;
- Contributing to the implementation of the decisions of these organs;
- Monitoring the implementation of the ACP-EU Partnership Agreement;
- Assisting the ACP organs and joint institutions created in the framework of the ACP-EU Partnership Agreements. In view of he extension and ever increasing complexity of he successive partnerships Agreement the Secretariat is confronted with new challenges and a shift in its role from a pure administrative to an executive secretariat. The ACP Secretariat on its present form has difficulties in facing these new challenges and a stakeholder consultation has established the Secretariat’s programming, management and organizational practices need to be strengthened and that a systematic planning on the overall organizational, department and individual staff level needs to be developed. Also staff and capacity are lacking to cope with the increasing diversity of tasks and responsibilities.
The overall objective of both TA contracts is therefore to improve the effectiveness of the ACP Secretariat in both its institutional mandate to serve the ACP Institutions, the Joint Intuitions and the ACP Statesand its role of implementing intuitions of some important ‘all ACP’ projects funded under intra-ACP resources.
The specific objective is to provide the ACP Secretariat with the necessary technical, managerial and administrative capacity to use Planning, Monitoring and Reporting systems.
Type of services provided
PROMAN provides the services of a high qualified Planning and Monitoring expert who through a continuous participatory approach and in close cooperation with key staff members and other TA involved in the Reform process:
- Develops a Strategic Management Plan including an organisational chart;
- Facilitates its approvalfor adoption by the Committee of Ambassadors and endorsement and final approval of the Council of ACP Ministers;
- Develops Annual works plans with specific outcomes/outputs (including key performance indicators and target setting) at organisation, department and individual staff level;
- Compiles function descriptions of entities of the new Organisational Chart;
- Develops annual work plans for the consulting facility;
- Designs and operationalisation of a Performance Result based Monitoring System;
- Writes and operational manual;
- Supporting services and capacity strengthening of key PPM staff.