Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of this assignment will be to implement HR Connect in Government departments, specifically in Kwa-Zulu Natal (KZN). These objectives are to:
- Ensure that the departments have reliable employee HR data that maps their organisational structures, posts, jobs and occupational profiles to employee profiles so as to identify and report on the capacity and capability of the Public service to implement and deliver on Government programmes;
- Ensure that accurate and consistent information, from which the DPSA, the Public Service Sector Education and Training Authority (PSETA), and departments could analyze, evaluate, report, forecast, model and plan in advance for skills needs within their own areas, for government and the public sector in general;
- Centralise the management of Human Capital by means of an existing web-based HR Connect system which could support and optimise reporting on this development in the Public Service;
- Enable participating Government Departments to manage their employees’ training plans on the existing centralised HR Connect system and generate department specific reports such a Workplace Skills Plans and Training Reports;
- Generate basic Personal Development Plans, based on individually sourced qualification and experience data for employees in the identified departments.
Type of services provided
- PERSAL data extraction, organisation structure visualisation and job title alignment;
- Preliminary job profiling mapping;
- Job title and job profiling mapping and refinement;
- Initial quality assurance of job profiles and supply feedback for rectification;
- Final quality assurance of information requiring rectification.