Detailed description of project Back
The “Culture Support Programme in Tunisia” (PACT) supports the redefinition of cultural policy and the restructuring of the cultural sector in Tunisia, in order to affirm their strategic roles as vectors of economic, social and citizen development, and contribute to the establishment of the rule of law. Thus, the program promotes freedom of expression and values Tunisian diversity and cultural production as consolidating elements of social cohesion and economic development, tolerance and a brake on all forms of radicalism.
The program is based on three strategic axes:
- Support the structuring of the cultural sector in order to develop its social and economic impact; facilitate the adoption of cultural policies through the revision and improvement of legislation, regulations and efficient use of sector resources;
- Promote Tunisian cultural diversity and access to culture at the local, national and international levels; to develop the capacities of cultural operators and to promote and inventory Tunisian tangible and intangible cultural heritage by linking them to local social and economic development; facilitate the movement of people and cultural goods and their networking, at national and international level; accompany and inventory cultural potentials, through technical assistance and expertise, training, networking and studies with the private and public sector and the ministries of competence;
- Support the freedom of expression and creation especially of the younger generations and encourage the professionalization of cultural professions; develop opportunities, activities and spaces for cultural participation and openness, especially in the regions; support the actions of civil society and cultural or creative actors or operators through grants on the basis of calls for proposals.
The objective of the assignment is to undertake the mid-term and final evaluation of the programme.
Type of services provided
- Globally and independently assess PACT’s design, relevance, effectiveness and efficiency, and to assess the viability of the approach, its visibility and the corrections to be made, notably on the results and performance indicators;
- Evaluate the management of PACT and its activities by the various stakeholders;
- Propose lessons learnt from the intervention for better management of PACT and new projects, to be funded by the European Union or by other donors in the corresponding areas of intervention;
- Provide a series of recommendations and identify needs for possible future actions in the field of support to the culture sector.
Main staff provided:
- Team Leader (56 w/d);
- Culture expert (56 w/d);
- Youth expert (25 w/d).