Detailed description of project Back
The objectives of the Government of Morocco’s revised Literacy Strategy as presented in its Declaration of January 2012 are threefold:
- Reduce the illiteracy rate to 20% by 2016;
- Offer illiterate adults programmes to provide them with basic skills and competences for integration in their socio-economic and political environment;
- Implement post-literacy activities allowing new-literates to maintain, strengthen, insert socio-professionally and apply the gained skills through lifelong learning.
The European Union has been supporting the literacy policy of the Government andfocuses in particular on:
- Reducing the illiteracy rate in the poorest regions and targeting the most vulnerable parts of the population and in particular women;
- Strengthening the capacity to launch and monitor the strategy on central as well as regional and provincial level;
- Strengthening the capacity of the intervening actors (NGOs);
- Quality improvement of adult training, education and guidance;
- Validation and certification of the training results;
- Organising the social and socio-professional insertion of graduates (through links with VET and labour Market).
Under this contract the EU Delegation in Morocco has requested assistance in the formulation of the Second Phase of the ALPHA Programme.
Type of services provided
PROMAN provides the services of a Team Leader (expert in education strategy and policy) and a Senior Expert in adult education and insertion of post-literates, together they:
- Assess the key criteria for sector support (Sector reform programme, sector and donor coordination, institutional capacity, performance monitoring, medium term planning and budget);
- Define the implementation modalities;
- Analyse complimentary actions;
- Elaborate the programme and the implementation;
- Consolidate the results of the previous.
PROMAN HQ provides overall backstopping and quality control.