Detailed description of project Back
The global objective of the assignment is to assist the Ukrainian authorities in putting in place a policy framework which respects the social, economic and human rights of the IDP population and fosters social cohesion in challenging political and economic circumstances.
The specific objectives are:
- To assess all aspects of the current policy towards IDPs using the seven standard evaluation criteria endorsed by OECD-DAC (relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact, connectedness, coherence and coverage);
- To draft a set of relevant recommendations (based on the evaluation) for improvement of the policy framework to authorities, especially with a view to long-term integration.
The scope of the evaluation is the social services delivered by the Government of Ukraine to IDPs since the starting of the conflict (early 2014) till today, in the whole territory of Ukraine.
This exercise should be organized and conducted in close cooperation with the Ministry of Social Policy – the main but not the only one responsible governmental body for IDPs registration, payment benefits and different social service provision.
The assessment should be based on the seven evaluation criteria endorsed by the OECD-DAC (relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact, connectedness, coherence and coverage), and address the following key issues:
- Legal and policy framework: Examine the existing legal framework with regard to IDPs, particularly analyzing whether this framework is suitable to guarantee their human, civic and socio-economic rights; furthermore, it shall provide an analysis of the quality of implementation of this framework and its impact on the situation of IDPs;
- Institutional framework: This will include the quality and efficiency of coordination between the Ministries and other concerned authorities as well as the individual contributions of each of these institutions to the national IDP policy;
- Cross-cutting issues: the evaluation should take into particular account the sociological peculiarities of Ukrainian IDPs. This relates to their gender, social status, cultural, religious and linguistic diversity and, where this is the case, minority status exposing them to a particular danger of discrimination (LGBTI);
- Resources: Assess the structure, the quality and quantity of resources allocated from the State budget to IDP assistance (and not only in the form of cash transfers), and how is complemented by the contributions made by the international community;
- Stakeholders and beneficiaries’ perceptions: The evaluation should take into account, as far as possible, experience of IDPs themselves, civil society organizations which provide direct assistance to them and host communities.
Type of services provided
The expert team consist of two experts:
- Humanitarian Assistance and Social Support Frameworks, Team Leader;
- Welfare State Policies and Socio-Economic Integration Strategies expert