Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of the mission is to formulate a comprehensive program proposal aiming at improving the capacities of Angolan institutions to implement the new strategy for the Improvement of the Education System at Primary level.
The specific objectives include:
- Confirm the relevance and feasibility of the PIF for PAEP II, and the extent to which its objectives address the problems and needs identified by the problems analysis and its coherence with the Angolan Government’s educational policy, the EC’s Country Strategy Paper and National Indicative Program, and the PAEP 9º FED main results. As well, the formulation mission should also confirm the sustainability of the proposed PAEP II, in the light of the structure of the national education policy;
- Prepare a detailed project design, including the management and coordination arrangements, financing plan, cost-benefit analysis, risk management, monitoring, and evaluation and audit arrangements;
- Promote participation and ownership through an active involvement in the project conception of governmental structures (central and local), prospective implementing partners, other donors and other local stakeholders.
Type of services provided
PROMAN provides the services of a team of 4 experts (TL, Institutional Capacity Building, EC aid delivery modality, Angolan education expert). Core services include:
- Assessment of the state of development of the education reform;
- Carry out an Institutional Analysis;
- Complete a global diagnosis of PAEP 9º FED main results and achievements, good practices, flaws and hindrances;
- Ensure coherence with current/ongoing initiatives;
- Access the volume and design of the Technical Assistance proposed in the FIP;
- Access the technical capacity of the prospective financing partners;
- Verify the viability of the envisaged PAEP Innovation Fund;
- Provision of Logframe matrix;provide an analysis of assumptions/risks, and a risk management plan;
- Provide a description of the proposed performance measurement (monitoring, review and evaluation) and accountability system;
- Provide a description of the proposed management/coordination arrangements; provide an analysis of sustainability issues;
- Provide a detailed financial plan for the project;
- Prepare an Action Fiche/Financing Proposal and key supporting documents, with a detailed design of PAEP II, taking account of comments and suggestion from Government and other actors.
PROMAN HQ provides overall backstopping and quality control.