Detailed description of project Back
Established in Turin, Italy, in 1994, the European Training Foundation (ETF) assists its 30 partner countries that receive support from the EU’s external relations programmes in developing high quality systems for human capital development. An essential part of the ETF’s work is to communicate its messages actively and effectively to politicians, practitioners, professionals, policymakers, and the public. The general objectives are to:
- To provide Europe’s decision makers and citizens with independent and reliable information so that they can make informed choices and decisions on human capital development in the context of the ETF mandate;
- To raise awareness on human capital development through the reform of education, training and labour markets by communicating in an open, transparent, and understandable way;
- To raise the profile of the ETF as a centre of expertise by providing authoritative information and contributing actively to international debate on human capital in transition and developing countries.
For this purpose, ETF uses several tools: website, social media, multimedia and audiovisual tools, exhibitions, events etc. This assignment focuses on the ETF publications and wishes to carry out an objective evaluation of ETF publications’ quality, drafting and production process and dissemination.
The expected results are:
- Increased awareness of the relevance and added-value of ETF publications, of the efficiency of the drafting and production process and of the effectiveness of the dissemination and eventual impact of the publications;
- Recommendations for the future planning and implementation of the ETF publication policy, processes, quality assurance and dissemination.
Type of services provided
PROMAN provided the services of the Team Leader in a Team of 3 experts, who will produce:
- A descriptive report of ETF publications 2005-2009, publication production workflow, quality assurance and dissemination;
- A full set of interviews with all the ETF staff involved in the work on publications;
- An Inception Meeting at the ETF and an Inception Report including narrative part, detailed evaluation questions and a plan for on-line survey, focus groups interviews and analysis of case study publications;
- Draft final evaluation report followed by a Feedback and dissemination meeting at the ETF;
- Final Evaluation Report including useful findings on relevance and quality of ETF publications, the efficiency of the drafting and publication production process and the effectiveness of the quality assurance and of the dissemination of publications and recommendations for the future.