Detailed description of project Back
The overall objective of the assignment is to compile the 2011 Annual PFM Monitoring Report for the EU Delegation to South Africa. The services rendered through this assignment will provide the Delegation with the necessary information to confirm eligibility for budget support to the country and to monitor continued improvement in the field of public financial management at all three levels of Government.
The specific objectives of the services rendered with respect to the conducting of the annual PFM assessment:
- Analyse and interpret available information presented in study reports, assessments, and information published by the relevant PFM stakeholders in South Africa with a view of collecting the information relevant to compile the assessment;
- Conduct interviews and engage with relevant stakeholders with a view to obtain inputs to be used in the assessment;
- Compile the 2011 Annual PFM Monitoring Report for submission to the EU Delegation to South Africa.The reporting period will be April 2010 to March 2011. The report will focus on the following aspects:
- Main highlights in PFM development, improvement and progress over the past year;
- Main outstanding challenges;
- Recent diagnostic work;
- Aspects related to policy dialogue and recommendation of aspects to be addressed in future dialogue;
- Corruption and PFM;
- Coordination, capacity building and coherence.
Type of services provided
The core services were provided by Senior PFM Consultant. Core Services included:
- Conducting a series of interviews as part of primary data collection with key stakeholders, including National Treasury, the EU Delegation, the Auditor-General’s Office, the South African Revenue Service and other stakeholders considered relevant.This will include other donors and development partners;
- Assess available published and unpublished information obtained through this assignment in order to monitor development trends and improvements over the last year, main challenges and weaknesses, as well as the Government’s and its development partners’ response to these challenges;
- Compile an Annual PFM Monitoring Report (AMR), with annexes.