Detailed description Back
The global objective of this assignment is to improve sustainability and security of the regional road transport system.
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- Institutional and regulatory capacity-building, together with capacity-building of administrations and relevant agencies, and greater awareness of gender issues;
- Administrative and technical simplification of transport;
- Improve maintenance of the regional network, and its sustainability by reducing overloading.
The expected results of this assignment are:
- R1: Improved governance of road maintenance:
- 1.1: Develop an allocation formula for the Ghana road fund;
- 1.2: Provide a maintenance need assessment of the Ghanaian road network;
- 1.3: Capacity built for Project Management including Performance Based Contracts (PBC), environmental and social safeguards on projects as well as gender inclusion and climate change.
- R2: Improved transport services, conditions and fluidity of regional road corridors;
- 2.1: Capacity built for development of transport services pricing module;
- 2.2: Support the sensitization program of the National Road Transport and Transit Facilitation Committee (NFC) and Axle Load.
- General description of the position: The Transport and Logistics Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of the tasks under Results 2.1 & 2.2;
- Expert category: Cat. I (>12 years of experience).
Qualifications and skills required:
- At least a Master’s Degree level or equivalent professional experience of 7 years in in one or more of the following fields: Transport logistics, supply chain management transport planning, transport economics, or other relevant discipline;
- Excellent command and good writing skills in English, a working knowledge in in French would be an added advantage.
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience, related to multi-party project implementation, policy and strategy formulation, public administration management, out of which a minimum of 5 years on management/team leader level;
- Excellent knowledge of regional and interregional transport policies, strategies, transport sector implementation programmes and transport economics and cost calculations;
- Working experiences in developing countries.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in (regional) transport logistics, (regional) transport facilitation;
- Proven experience in multi-stakeholders transport facilitation sensitization and training programmes, at least 1 project in the last 10 years;
- Working experience and knowledge of the transport sector in West Africa will be considered as an asset.
Language skills: English/French.