Detailed description Back
The global objective of this assignment is to improve sustainability and security of the regional road transport system.
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- Institutional and regulatory capacity-building, together with capacity-building of administrations and relevant agencies, and greater awareness of gender issues;
- Administrative and technical simplification of transport;
- Improve maintenance of the regional network, and its sustainability by reducing overloading.
The expected results of this assignment are:
- R1: Improved governance of road maintenance:
- 1.1: Develop an allocation formula for the Ghana road fund;
- 1.2: Provide a maintenance need assessment of the Ghanaian road network;
- 1.3: Capacity built for Project Management including Performance Based Contracts (PBC), environmental and social safeguards on projects as well as gender inclusion and climate change.
- R2: Improved transport services, conditions and fluidity of regional road corridors;
- 2.1: Capacity built for development of transport services pricing module;
- 2.2: Support the sensitization program of the National Road Transport and Transit Facilitation Committee (NFC) and Axle Load.
- General description of the position: The team leader (TL) will be responsible for the smooth cohesion, coordination and communication among the team of experts and other stakeholders. TL will oversee planning, implementing and coordinating the activities related to this project, will be responsible for the implementation of the tasks under Results 1.3 & 1.4 and report on the entire services. TL will also make sure the different outputs are delivered and will act as support and complement to the work of other experts;
- Expert category: Cat. I (>12 years of experience).
Qualifications and skills required:
- At least a Master’s Degree level or equivalent professional experience of 7 years in in one or more of the following fields: Highway Engineering, Civil Engineering or comparable;
- Education at to at least certificate level in Project Management;
- Excellent command and good writing skills in English, a working knowledge in in French would be an added advantage;
- Excellent skills and experience in drafting papers/proposals, reports, training material and guidelines, proven by a list of publication and reports.
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience, related to road construction engineering/civil engineering or public procurement of (road) infrastructure projects/works;
- Excellent knowledge of road maintenance, public procurement and project management;
- Working experiences in developing countries.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in road construction, road maintenance planning and road;
- Proven experience in managing of/advising to a Performance Based Road Contract/Performance Based Road Contracting in the last 8 years (at least 1 project);
- Proven experience in project management and public procurement training in the last 8 years (at least 1 project);
- Proven experience of a minimum of 5 years on management/Team Leader level;
- Working experience and knowledge of the transport sector in West Africa, will be considered as an asset.
Language skills: English/French.