Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the programme of which this contract will be a part is to contribute to the enhancement of accountable governance in Rwanda by promoting citizen participation and mobilisation for delivery of development, strengthening public accountability and improving service delivery.
The purposes of this contract are:
- to improve the capacity of the Rwandese line ministries and institutions supported by the Commission to implement the EDF programmes, and especially the Accountable Democratic Governance programme;
- to assist the Parliament, the Office of the Ombudsman and the Ministry of Justice to develop and implement a communication and citizen participation strategy plan;
- to improve the capacity of the NAO Support Unit to coordinate and monitor EDF programmes if needed based on the results of the needs assessment.
Qualifications and skills:
- An advanced university degree (MA/MSc) in communication, journalism, political science, international relations/public affairs, sociology or a related discipline. First university degree with significant years of experience (minimum 15) in the communication sector may be considered in lieu of the university degree.
- Excellent oral communication and report writing skills in English. A working capability in French is a strong added advantage.
- Advanced Computer literacy.
- Excellent communications skills.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the field of Public Relations. At least five years of this experience must have been in a developing country outside the country of origin.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven experience in developing a Communication Strategy and plan.
- Proven intellectual leadership and demonstrated understanding of the use of traditional and emerging media in support of policy reform processes.
- Ability to translate monitoring and evaluation findings into communicable messages.
- Working with/for Operating Structures/Implementing Agencies for implementation of EU assistance, will be an advantage.
- Experience in EU visibility rules.