Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the programme of which this contract will be a part is to contribute to the enhancement of accountable governance in Rwanda by promoting citizen participation and mobilisation for delivery of development, strengthening public accountability and improving service delivery.
The purposes of this contract are:
- to improve the capacity of the Rwandese line ministries and institutions supported by the Commission to implement the EDF programmes, and especially the Accountable Democratic Governance programme;
- to assist the Parliament, the Office of the Ombudsman and the Ministry of Justice to develop and implement a communication and citizen participation strategy plan;
- to improve the capacity of the NAO Support Unit to coordinate and monitor EDF programmes if needed based on the results of the needs assessment.
Qualifications and skills:
- An advanced university degree (MA/MSc) in Economics, Business and/or Public Administration, Development Studies or a related discipline. First university degree with significant years of experience (minimum 15) in relevant capacity development programmes may be considered in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Excellent oral communication and report writing skills in English. A working capability in French is a strong added advantage.
- Excellent communications skills
General professional experience:
- At least 15 years of professional experience in project management, particularly in public sector institutions. At least five years of this experience must have been in a developing country outside the country of origin.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven experience in undertaking capacity need assessments and the development of training plans.
- Proven experience in the development of training materials especially as it relates to the training on EDF rules, PCM, M&E and other related topics.
- Previous experience of preparation and implementation of donor funded (including EU) programmes.
- Proven experience with the EDF contractual and financial procedures, particularly with regard to Programme Estimates.
- Experience working in the area of democratic governance and/or rule of law will be an advantage
- Experience working in/supporting the NAO Office in an ACP country will be an advantage.