Detailed description Back
The global objective is to support economic diversification and job creation in Botswana.
The purpose of this assignment is to provide technical assistance and policy advice to the Government of Botswana in order to:
- Improve Botswana business environment and investment climate;
- Upgrade Botswana tourism value chain by increasing investments and job creation in sustainable tourism patterns.
Qualifications and skills:
- A post-graduate degree in tourism management, development economics, business development or a related field; or an equivalent of 2 years of general professional experience in addition to the minimum requirement.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years of experience in the area of tourism planning and development or related field;
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with working on or with natural resources conservation projects involving local communities;
- Experience in the Southern Africa region is an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- At least five (5) years of experience working in the eco-tourism value chain with a range of stakeholders from the public and private sectors
- Demonstrable experience in a business development and marketing role within the travel and tourism industry;
- Proven experience in analysis and development of policies within the tourism sector;
- Proven experience in advisory positions within public institutions for tourism-related policy development and regulatory reforms;
- Strong experience of linking local and international tourism markets;
- Experience in designing and successfully executing fieldwork, including key informant interviews and focus group discussions; employing participatory development methodologies;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (at least C2 level).