Detailed description Back
The global objective of this contract is to assist the EU Delegation to Turkey (EUD) in ensuring proper and timely implementation of the operations covered under the ESOP of IPA II and providing technical support to the prioritization and appraisal of programmes and projects in the field of environment and climate change under IPA III.
The specific objectives of this contract are:
- To ensure tender procedures’ compliance with PRAG tendering procedures and FIDIC contract conditions and other established rules of the Decentralised Implementation System in Turkey as well as their technical soundness;
- To support the Delegation of the European Union to Turkey (EU Delegation) in monitoring of the projects under implementation;
- To support the EU Delegation in appraisal of the projects submitted for financing (if and when necessary);
- To support the EU Delegation for assessing environmental infrastructure investment related blending measures for IPA III (2021-2027).
Qualifications and skills:
- In addition to the Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (environmental, civil, mechanical or electrical), Economy or similar, the candidate should hold an Academic level Master’s Degree on a relevant field;
- In the absence of Master’s Degree, the candidate should demonstrate at least 8 years of equivalent professional experience in environment or climate or natural resources or energy sector.
General professional experience:
At least 6 years of general professional experience in environment or climate or natural resources or energy sector.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience in procurement under international procurement rules would be asset;
- Knowledge of EU procurement rules (PRAG) is a strong asset;
- Experience in procurement or design or installation of mechanical or electromechanical equipment would be an asset.
- At least C1 level for understanding, speaking and writing skills in English according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages available at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr
- At least one of the experts shall possess at least C1 level for understanding, speaking and writing skills in Turkish according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages available at https:// europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/europeanlanguage-levels-cefr