Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the HCDP-21 programme, of which this contract will be a part, is as follows:
To support the GoB in the implementation of its development policies aiming at a better educated, trained and qualified human capital, as laid down in its national strategic development plans.
The specific objectives/result areas focused on primary education and TVET are to contribute towards:
- Improved quality, relevance and efficiency of the primary education and TVET subsectors (Quality component);
- Improved and equitable access to primary education and TVET services (Equity & Access component), and;
- Improved management and governance of the subsectors (Governance component).
The results are in line with the national strategic plans and the SDG agenda.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- To support the EUD and relevant Government bodies in the more effective delivery of quality primary education services, through targeted technical assistance that will provide institutional strengthening support, capacity building, policy advice and evidence-based research, as required;
- To support the EUD and relevant Government bodies in the more effective delivery of TVET services, through targeted technical assistance that will provide institutional strengthening support, capacity building, policy advice and evidence-based research, as required. Support to the establishment of a SWAP in TVET3, through enhanced results-based planning, management and assessment and improved coordination across the TVET sector;
- To support the EUD in (i) facilitating more effective policy dialogue with MoE and MoPME by providing technical inputs for strategic thinking on further policy analysis, development and implementation within the education sector in Bangladesh; (ii) periodic monitoring and assessment of overall sector performance and progress in the implementation of the NEP, Sector Budget Support (SBS) eligibility criteria and assessment of progress towards the HCDP-21 disbursement linked indicators (DLI) targets of the TVET sector and, if required, for the primary education sector.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master's degree in education, social sciences, public administration, economics or other relevant field (or in the case of a Bachelor's degree, additional 5 years of relevant professional experience);
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Full computer literacy and excellent reporting skills.
General professional experience
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in the education and/or TVET/skills sector. Experience in both sectors will be considered an asset;
- Evidence of experience in the design and implementation of EU budget support programmes, covering assignments of similar complexity and nature that took place in the last 5 years;
- Evidence of experience of EU aid delivery methods, covering assignments of similar complexity and nature that took place in the last 7 years.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as Team Leader and/or senior managerial position in implementation of programme or projects in a developing or middle-income country context;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the education and/or TVET/skills sector in a developing or middle income country context;
- Previous experience in South Asia will be considered an asset.