Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is strengthened democracy and governance.
The purpose of this contract is to support the beneficiary country, Sierra Leone, with technical assistance to deliver on the following specific objectives of the 11th EDF Action Document "Support to the governance sector in Sierra Leone":
- Support to the electoral cycle: Consolidation of electoral and democratic reforms allowing for improved political dialogue, following elections foreseen for 2018;
- Parliamentary Support: Enhanced legislative process, institutional relevance and effectiveness of Parliament;
- Civil Service Reform: Civil Service institutional capacity is improved, human and financial resources of the civil service and are improved and public service delivery enhanced.
Education and Skills
- At least a Master degree or other post graduate degree in Law, Public Administration, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field or as an equivalent first university degree and 3 years more than the minimum years of general experience defined below;
- Knowledge of modern human resources development techniques and an understanding of organisational theory and practice with regard to the public sector;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, diplomacy;
- Excellent knowledge transfer skills (for capacity building activities);
- Computer literacy and familiarity with electronic databases including HRIS.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience related to governance and public administration reform in developing countries;
- Proven experience in capacity building in state institutions;
- Experience of working in Anglophone African countries will be considered an advantage.
- At least 6 years experience in development and/or implementation of civil service reform and modernisation programmes;
- Experience in dealing with institutional reforms, team and organisation building, and change management issues within the public sector;
- Experience in supporting and advising on issues of cross-institutional legislative reform related to public administration reform;
- Experience of integrating gender issues in public administration reforms;
- Proven experience with EU procedures and preparing and implementing Programme Estimates.