Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is strengthened democracy and governance.
The purpose of this contract is to support the beneficiary country, Sierra Leone, with technical assistance to deliver on the following specific objectives of the 11th EDF Action Document "Support to the governance sector in Sierra Leone":
- Support to the electoral cycle: Consolidation of electoral and democratic reforms allowing for improved political dialogue, following elections foreseen for 2018;
- Parliamentary Support: Enhanced legislative process, institutional relevance and effectiveness of Parliament;
- Civil Service Reform: Civil Service institutional capacity is improved, human and financial resources of the civil service and are improved and public service delivery enhanced.
Education and Skills
- At least a Master degree or other post graduate degree in Law, Public Administration, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field or as an equivalent first university degree and 3 years more than the minimum years of general experience defined below;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, diplomacy;
- Excellent knowledge transfer skills (for capacity building activities);
- Ability to liaise and consult with experts on cross-sectoral work, such as infrastructure and ICT.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience related to democratic governance in developing countries;
- Proven experience in capacity building in state institutions.
- At least 5 years experience in planning, delivering, management and implementation of parliamentary support projects;
- Proven experience in capacity building for parliaments in relation parliamentary administration, legislative processes, trainings to MPs, use of ICT;
- Good familiarity with gender issues related to parliamentary affairs.