Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is strengthened democracy and governance.
The purpose of this contract is to support the beneficiary country, Sierra Leone, with technical assistance to deliver on the following specific objectives of the 11th EDF Action Document "Support to the governance sector in Sierra Leone":
- Support to the electoral cycle: Consolidation of electoral and democratic reforms allowing for improved political dialogue, following elections foreseen for 2018;
- Parliamentary Support: Enhanced legislative process, institutional relevance and effectiveness of Parliament;
- Civil Service Reform: Civil Service institutional capacity is improved, human and financial resources of the civil service and are improved and public service delivery enhanced.
Education and Skills
- At least a Master Degree in Public Administration, Law, Economics, Political Science, Management or equivalent first university degree and 3 years more than the minimum years of general experience defined below;
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication and knowledge transfer skills (for capacity building activities);
- Good leadership and coordination skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical assistance supported by a different entity;
- Must be fully computer literate and able to use relevant software.
- At least 12 years of professional experience in development;
- At least 8 years experience of team management comprising international and local experts; including multi-sectoral teams;
- Experience as a Team Leader or equivalent on at least two similar sized projects;
- Experience of working in Anglophone African countries will be considered an advantage.
- At least 8 years of working on democratic governance and institutional strengthening in developing countries, preferably in a technical advisory capacity, including in anglophone Africa;
- Experience in support to capacity building and policy development of state institutions;
- Experience in planning, delivering, management and implementation of capacity building programmes associated with public administration reform, parliaments and electoral management bodies;
- Experience in project cycle management with ability to manage and oversee all aspects of the project cycle;
- Experience working with EU development cooperation and proficiency in EDF procedures, particularly with Programme Estimates;
- Experience in supporting policy dialogue;
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming.