Detailed description Back
Overall and specific objectives
In order to contribute to inclusive growth and reduction of social inequalities as part of interventions to support the priorities set in the Ghana Shared Growth and Development Agenda (GSGDA) II, an Action Document was prepared and approved: "Civil society Organisations in Research and Innovation Sustainable Development (CSO-RISE)".
CSO-RISE has the specific objective to foster the initiatives of the civil society organisations in their capacities to address economic, social and climate-resilient issues through innovative interventions contributing for sustainable management of ecosystems. To achieve the objective, 3 results have been identified:
- Result Area No.1: Development of technologies, economic activities and sector policies coherent with the principles of sustainable agriculture and decent work, are fostered in 20 Districts Assemblies of the savannah ecosystem of Ghana;
- Result Area No.2: Access and quality of service delivery related to social protection and employment as well as decent work opportunities in the fields of sustainable agriculture and green economy, are improved in 10 pilot-areas;
- Result Area No.3: Influential role of the CSOs as actors of governance within the respective sectoral policy dialogue platforms is enhanced.
The action will be implemented with a call for proposals (result 1 and 2) and procurement of services (result 3) through technical assistance to follow up the implementation, evaluation, monitoring, communication and dissemination of the call for proposals.
The specific objective for the contract to be signed by the Technical Assistance Team (TAT) is to enhance the role of the CSO's as actors of governance within the respective sectorial policy dialogue platforms.
The purpose of this contract is to request the services of a TAT in assisting the Contracting Authority with the preparation of the evaluation of a Call for proposals, design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework, develop a knowledge management and communication strategies with third parties including dissemination of best practices and any other ancillary tasks that might be requested.
Education and Skills
- The Communication/Visibility Expert should have a Masters' Degree in Communication Studies, Development Cooperation, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Journalism, Business Administration OR 5 years of work experience in same areas.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing public or private communication/visibility or advocacy campaigns, advisor or consultant for Development cooperation institutions in communication strategies, or a working experience with a media house, public relations/communication agency, or any similar entities, is required. A complementary experience of two years in the developing countries is desirable;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development; capacities to design and operationalise an advocacy and communication strategy with at least 1 assignment undertaken in any of these fields.
Desired Specific Professional Experience
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of organizations and individuals who can support greater use of information from the program;
- Competence to manage relationships with partners (public institutions, policy makers, Development partners, citizens);
- Experience of working with national or local government in developing countries and understanding of their management systems;
- Skills to work with varying interests and demands arising from the field;
- Ability to coordinate team of short-term experts;
- Ability to work under pressure and deal concurrently with multiple assignments;
- Interpersonal and networking skills coupled with the ability to build strong and lasting relationship with the stakeholders and external audience.
Communication, Facilitation and Language skills
- Must have good communication and leadership/team building skills;
- Good organizational and leadership abilities;
- Flexibility and willingness/ability to travel;
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills;
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
- Fluency in English with excellent communication and writing skills is required.