Detailed description Back
Overall and specific objectives
In order to contribute to inclusive growth and reduction of social inequalities as part of interventions to support the priorities set in the Ghana Shared Growth and Development Agenda (GSGDA) II, an Action Document was prepared and approved: "Civil society Organisations in Research and Innovation Sustainable Development (CSO-RISE)".
CSO-RISE has the specific objective to foster the initiatives of the civil society organisations in their capacities to address economic, social and climate-resilient issues through innovative interventions contributing for sustainable management of ecosystems. To achieve the objective, 3 results have been identified:
- Result Area No.1: Development of technologies, economic activities and sector policies coherent with the principles of sustainable agriculture and decent work, are fostered in 20 Districts Assemblies of the savannah ecosystem of Ghana;
- Result Area No.2: Access and quality of service delivery related to social protection and employment as well as decent work opportunities in the fields of sustainable agriculture and green economy, are improved in 10 pilot-areas;
- Result Area No.3: Influential role of the CSOs as actors of governance within the respective sectoral policy dialogue platforms is enhanced.
The action will be implemented with a call for proposals (result 1 and 2) and procurement of services (result 3) through technical assistance to follow up the implementation, evaluation, monitoring, communication and dissemination of the call for proposals.
The specific objective for the contract to be signed by the Technical Assistance Team (TAT) is to enhance the role of the CSO's as actors of governance within the respective sectorial policy dialogue platforms.
The purpose of this contract is to request the services of a TAT in assisting the Contracting Authority with the preparation of the evaluation of a Call for proposals, design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework, develop a knowledge management and communication strategies with third parties including dissemination of best practices and any other ancillary tasks that might be requested.
Education and Skills
- The Team Leader should have at least a Master's Degree in Social Sciences, Development Cooperation, Development Studies OR equivalent combination of professional experience of 7 years in the management of sustainable agriculture projects including social protection, safety nets or livelihood resilience in addition to the general experience required below.
- At least, a general professional experience of 7 years at policy or operational level in rural development and social protection sectors that includes advising public administrations, Development Partner's institutions, or NGOs as well as the design, implementation and monitoring of social assistance and sustainable agriculture programmes, safety nets and/or natural resources management.
- Knowledge and working understanding of poverty and social exclusion of marginalised and vulnerable populations with a focus on developing countries;
- Proven experience in developing and implementing programmes through civil society approach to meet the needs of the vulnerable people at the grassroots;
- Demonstration of solid knowledge and experience in development, civil society, professional skills development; where solid knowledge could be demonstrated as having undertaken at least 3 assignments in the 2 above mentioned areas (1 or 2 assignments in sustainable agriculture; 1 or 2 assignments in social protection) over the last 5 years;
- Significant experience in organisational development and restructuring, whereby significant experience could be demonstrated by having undertaken at least 2 assignments over the last 5 years (1 assignment in sustainable agriculture, 1 assignment in social protection).
Desired Specific Professional Experience that would be an asset
- Knowledge of African and Sub-Saharan region, experience in Ghana;
- Experience with EDF Grant Call for Proposals with at least 1 assignment in any of the relevant sectors of social protection, job creation, sustainable agriculture or natural resources management;
- Previous experience in the management of grants to Civil Society Organisations (CSOs);
- Knowledge of project cycle management, development and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems based on performance indicators, including the use of the logical framework;
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff, particularly with senior level managers.
Communication, Facilitation and Language skills
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Fluency in English: excellent communication and writing skills;
- Good facilitation and negotiation skills;
- Strong analytical, coordination and networking skills;
- Must have computer (MS Office/MS Project literacy) skills;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity skills.