Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- To assist Bhutan in achieving the reforms envisaged in its 11th and 12th Five Year Plans in two sectors 1) Renewable Natural Resources including Climate Change Response and 2) Local Governments and Decentralisation, through complementary support to the ongoing EU budget support programmes.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- To provide consulting services including technical assistance and studies in support of sound implementation (including communication aspects) of the EU-bilateral development cooperation strategy in Bhutan, with particular focus on the two sector budget support programmes currently being implemented in Bhutan under the Multi-Annual Indicative Programme 2014-2020 i.e. 1) Capacity Development for Local Government and Fiscal Decentralisation and 2) Rural Development and Climate Change Response.
Education and Skills
- Master degree in the field of rural development, agriculture, environmental or agricultural economics, agricultural development or any similar field or the equivalent of ten (10) years of experience in the field of rural development and/or climate change (RNR) for a Bachelor's degree holder;
- Coordination and communication skills to link both technical and conceptual aspects relevant to the RNR sector as evidenced by 3 previous assignments;
- Excellent skills in drafting reports and/or Studies as evidenced by 5 previous assignments requiring such deliverables;
- Excellent English expression both orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of Dzongkha language is an asset.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the field of RNR sector reform;
- The key expert has worked in at least one RNR policy analysis including institutional assessment as well as performance indicators and measurement;
- The key expert has experience on cross-cutting issues such as civil society, gender and climate change, statistical evidence as demonstrated by at least 2 technical assistance projects in one of the cross-cutting areas listed;
- Proven knowledge of EU project management procedures by the participation in at least 1 EU project.
- Professional experience in South Asia would be an advantage;
- Professional experience in Bhutan and familiarity with the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests and/or any other ministry of RGoB would be an advantage.
Throughout the project duration, indicatively 200 working days if proposed as Senior Expert only and indicatively 250 working days if proposed as Team Leader also.