Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be part is as follows:
- To support the Government's development strategy through the implementation of sound EU development programmes and to foster a more coherent and informed approach to policy dialogue and to development cooperation, political cooperation and trade related issues.
This programme is relevant for the Agenda 2030. It contributes primarily to the progressive achievement of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) target – "End poverty in all its forms everywhere" – but also promotes progress towards Goal 17, "Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalise the global partnership for sustainable development".
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- To contribute to efficient and effective programming and implementation of EU funded projects and programmes by the NAO.
Education and Skills
- S/he must possess a University degree of a minimum four years in an engineering field;
- A Master Degree or equivalent in electrical, electro-mechanical engineering or equivalent will be an advantage;
- Computer literate;
- Good inter-personal skills to be able to work within a team and carry out networking activities related to their tasks.
- A minimum of twelve years' experience in the energy sector;
- Experience with EU contractual and financial procedures will be an advantage.
- Experience of at least five cumulative years in a management or advisory position in infrastructure project cycle management;
- Successful experience in a technical position in at least two contracts related to energy sector funded or co-funded by international development partners (development banks or bilateral or multilateral development cooperation agencies);
- Professional experience with hydro power projects will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in a technical expert position within one or more rural electrification projects will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.