Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be part is as follows:
- To support the Government's development strategy through the implementation of sound EU development programmes and to foster a more coherent and informed approach to policy dialogue and to development cooperation, political cooperation and trade related issues.
This programme is relevant for the Agenda 2030. It contributes primarily to the progressive achievement of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) target – "End poverty in all its forms everywhere" – but also promotes progress towards Goal 17, "Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalise the global partnership for sustainable development".
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- To contribute to efficient and effective programming and implementation of EU funded projects and programmes by the NAO.
Education and Skills
- S/he must possess a Master degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, Law, Economics or Political Science or equivalent;
- In the absence of a Master degree in these areas, the expert must have a University degree of a minimum of three years and at least five years of professional experience above the minimum general professional experience required;
- Computer literate;
- Good inter-personal skills to be able to work within a team and carry out networking activities related to their tasks.
General professional experience
- A minimum of eight years' experience in public sector development programmes;
- Experience with EU contractual and financial procedures will be an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Experience of at least five cumulative years in a management or advisory position for long-term projects (twelve months or more) related to good governance (in one or more of these areas: Public Financial Management, rule of law, civil society, elections, human rights and/or gender);
- Experience in mainstreaming cross-cutting issues (gender, environment and rights-based approach) in development cooperation will be an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.