Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the contract is to support the EU Delegation in communicating the EU-Jordan cooperation in the field of education and in particular basic education. Ultimately, it will contribute to a better understanding and enhanced visibility and communication of the European Union and its cooperation programmes in Jordan, in particular in the field of basic education, as well as the establishment of a culture of dialogue and mutual understanding between the people from the EU and Jordan.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- Support the EU Delegation in communicating the EU-Jordan cooperation. Assist the EU Delegation in the implementation of its Communication Strategy and help achieve its overall strategic communication objectives in the field of basic education under key stakeholders as well as the wider population;
- Enhance the quality of communication and visibility of EU projects and programmes in Jordan, including the budget support operations particularly in the field of primary and secondary education under key stakeholders as well as the wider population;
- Raise public awareness of EU-Jordan cooperation: significantly increase the number of Jordanians receiving information on EU activities and on EU development projects in the field of basic education in Jordan;
- Improve the knowledge and understanding of the EU and its related cooperation activities among decision-makers, opinion-makers and specific segments of the general public in Jordan particularly in the field of basic education;
- To support the follow-up on the Brussels conference on the Syria crisis in April 2018 in the field of education.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in one the following areas: public relations, communication, digital marketing, journalism, social sciences, advertising or equivalent general professional experience of minimum 5 years;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic (written, spoken, understanding);
- Strong computer skills.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in one of the following areas: social media, digital marketing, communication, journalism, new media, public relations, media relations or similar.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 4 years' experience in managing Social Media, including content creation (samples should be provided);
- Proven track record of evolving Social Media presence and increasing number of followers (samples should be provided);
- At least 2 years' experience in managing thematic campaigns on Social Media (samples should be provided);
- Proven experience of writing for the web, editing and communicating complex messages in everyday terms (samples should be provided).