Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the contract is to support the EU Delegation in communicating the EU-Jordan cooperation in the field of education and in particular basic education. Ultimately, it will contribute to a better understanding and enhanced visibility and communication of the European Union and its cooperation programmes in Jordan, in particular in the field of basic education, as well as the establishment of a culture of dialogue and mutual understanding between the people from the EU and Jordan.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- Support the EU Delegation in communicating the EU-Jordan cooperation. Assist the EU Delegation in the implementation of its Communication Strategy and help achieve its overall strategic communication objectives in the field of basic education under key stakeholders as well as the wider population;
- Enhance the quality of communication and visibility of EU projects and programmes in Jordan, including the budget support operations particularly in the field of primary and secondary education under key stakeholders as well as the wider population;
- Raise public awareness of EU-Jordan cooperation: significantly increase the number of Jordanians receiving information on EU activities and on EU development projects in the field of basic education in Jordan;
- Improve the knowledge and understanding of the EU and its related cooperation activities among decision-makers, opinion-makers and specific segments of the general public in Jordan particularly in the field of basic education;
- To support the follow-up on the Brussels conference on the Syria crisis in April 2018 in the field of education.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in one the following areas: communication, public relations, journalism, marketing, social sciences, international relations, humanities or equivalent general professional experience of minimum 10 years;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic (written, spoken, understanding).
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years' experience in one of the following areas: communication, journalism, new media, public relations, digital marketing, internal communication or media relations;
- Experience in conducting communication activities in the education sector;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in developing, managing and implementing communication strategies.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven experience as a manager or director of projects related to the field of international cooperation, foreign affairs, communication, public relations or equivalent;
- Knowledge and proven experience in supervising and coordinating projects;
- Experience of working on communication campaigns and outreach, managing events;
- Proven experience of writing, editing and communicating complex messages in everyday terms (samples should be provided);
- Experience of working with the EU, international organisations or public institutions;
- General knowledge of Jordan's political and institutional framework as well as EU-Jordan relations.