Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- To contribute to combat poverty through enhanced regional integration in the West Africa energy sector by improving the energy sector regional governance.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- To support ERERA in its mission to implement effective regulatory mechanisms contributing to the development of a regional electricity market.
Education and Skills
- Education at least up to a Master Degree level, or equivalent professional experience of 7 years, in one of the following field: Economics/Energy/Engineering/Law/Management;
- Excellent command and good writing skills in English. A working knowledge of French will be considered as an asset.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent knowledge of international electricity market, especially in the regulatory field;
- Good knowledge of the ECOWAS institutions and procedures will be considered as an asset;
- Working experience in developing countries.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the energy sector;
- Proven extensive experience with the establishment of multinational electricity markets;
- At least one experience in the regulation of electricity markets and integration of electricity markets;
- Experience with cooperation between multinational public bodies will be considered as an asset;
- Working experience in Africa, in particular in West Africa, will be considered as an asset.