Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- To contribute to combat poverty through enhanced regional integration in the West Africa energy sector by improving the energy sector regional governance.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- To support ERERA in its mission to implement effective regulatory mechanisms contributing to the development of a regional electricity market.
Education and Skills
- Education at least up to a Master Degree level, or equivalent professional experience of 7 years, in one of the following field: Economics/Energy/Engineering/Law/Management;
- Excellent command and good writing skills in English and in French;
- Excellent communicator with good facilitation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent skills and experience in drafting papers/proposals, reports, training materials and guidelines, proven by list of publications and reports.
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience related to project implementation, policies formulation, public administration management, out of which a minimum of 5 years must be at management level;
- Excellent knowledge of energy policy and international electricity market, especially in the regulatory field;
- Good knowledge of the ECOWAS institutions and procedures will be considered as an asset;
- Expertise to facilitate the identification of short term experts and manage an international team along with ability to coordinate the process of documentation of lessons learnt and reporting on progress being made. Experience in management, as a TL, of at least two donor-funded (international institutions) technical assistance programme;
- Working experience in developing countries.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in energy related projects including energy policies' formulation and implementation;
- Experience in management, as a TL, of at least one energy project;
- At least one experience in regulation and/or organisation of regional electricity market and/or one experience in analysis and design of institutional arrangements for electricity sector;
- Proven knowledge of the energy sector in Africa, in particular in West Africa will be considered as an asset;
- Working experience in Africa, as a resident and in particular in West Africa, will be considered as an asset.