Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the project is to support the Albanian authorities' efforts in fulfilling their commitments under the CEFTA chairmanship role in 2019.
The specific objectives are:
- To support the Albanian authorities in charge of coordinating the trade policy in Albania, to manage and perform functions as the chair of CEFTA chairmanship for 2019;
- To enhance the capacities of the Albanian authorities in ensuring internal coordination and interaction with public and private stakeholders and regional coordinators as well as with donors active in supporting CEFTA initiatives.
Expert 2 (50 days) in coordination with the Expert 1 will be responsible for ensuring the quality of project outputs with a special focus on trade in services, trade facilitation, private sector involvement in policy discussions. The Expert 2 will coordinate with Expert 1 and the beneficiary in providing among others technical assistance as regards policy coordination and management of trade and investment policies among the national stakeholders, and in the context of the CEFTA chairmanship in 2019.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master's degree or equivalent, preferably in economics, trade, or in areas related to trade policy development and reform;
- PC literacy.
General professional experience
- Not less than 3 years, preferably 8 years of relevant professional experience in the field of economic and trade policies.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience on issues related to CEFTA, WTO, GATT, with background on trade in services, trade facilitation and private sector involvement in technical discussions;
- At least one year of experience in the implementation of an EU or other donor funded action/project;
- Experience in facilitating the discussions on trade related policies/regional cooperation policies and strengthening economic cooperation within the region can be considered an asset.
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken (min. level 2 in the scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is excellent and 5 is basic);
- Fluency in Albanian language is considered an asset.