Detailed description Back
The global objective of this assignment is to contribute to the DoF and other relevant agencies in executing effectively public financial management duties, specifically through strengthening accountability and controls, improving information and reporting, and enhancing management of resources and risks.
The specific objectives of these Terms of Reference are to assist DoF to conduct the National and sub-national PEFA assessments in 2019 and subsequently develop a revised Road Map to undertake the PFM Reform in the next phase of the PEFA Reform implementation and monitoring.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a masters’ degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant, directly related discipline (e.g.PEFA Assessment process, planning, managing and using PEFA). Alternatively, an equivalent professional experience in a related field of at least 5 years – in addition to the professional experience required below – could replace an advanced degree;
- The Expert must be fully proficient in written and spoken English.
General professional experiences:
- At least 12 years of professional experience in public financial management within government structures.
Specific professional experiences:
- A minimum of 5 years of senior professional experience in directing and managing national and especially sub-national PEFA assessments;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience supporting and implementing PFM Reform Roadmaps that have been developed from PEFA assessments;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in working with public sector in conducting PFM reforms;
- A minimum of three demonstrated professional experiences in providing on-the-job or classroom based training, coaching and mentoring;
- Completed at least 3 assignments in developing countries;
- Completed at least 1 assignment in the Pacific Islands Countries would be an advantage.