Detailed description Back
Objectives of the Evaluation
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the interested stakeholders with:
- an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the BIOPAMA I and II in a forward-looking perspective, paying particular attention to its results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current Action, paying particular attention to ways to improve the prospects for sustainability of its results;
- key lessons learned to improve future Actions.
In particular, this evaluation of BIOPAMA I and II will serve to understand the performance of the Action, its enabling factors, those hampering a proper delivery of results and the key elements for ensuring its sustainability in order to adjust its design, priorities or strategic approach. It will serve as well to inform the planning of the future EU interventions and Actions related to biodiversity conservation. BIOPAMA I and II have to be evaluated together because they logically constitute one action. They involve the same implementing partners, the same beneficiaries, and project partners (ROs) and aim at achieving the same objectives through the same means.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least a Master Degree in international development or a field related to the assignment OR equivalent additional specific professional experience of at least 5 years (on top of the twelve years) in a field relevant to the assignment (all experts).
- 12 years of general professional experience in a sector relevant to the lot;
- At least 15 development cooperation projects evaluation done over last 10 years;
- 5 years of working experience in Africa, Caribbean and Pacific countries related to development cooperation in the environment sector (all experts);
- Team leader: at least 3 experience of leading a team of experts in development environment programs’ implementation or evaluation;
- Good understanding about needs and concerns in the field of Protected Areas Management in Africa, Caribbean and Pacific;
- Good understanding of geographical information systems/Remote sensing applied to natural resources management;
- Specific professional experience in protected areas management;
- Experience in the value for money assessments in the area of development cooperation.
- English: at least a level C1 expertise;
- Spanish and Portuguese: is an asset (level B2);
- French: across the team at least 1 member shall possess at least level C1 expertise; at least 1 other member shall possess at least a level B2 expertise.