Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the programme of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- To contribute to the achievement of national development goals as stated in Namibia's National Development Plans (NDPs) and Vision 2030.
The purpose of this contract is to provide technical assistance and capacity development to:
- The National Planning Commission (NPC) – and selected line ministries and government agencies – in order to contribute to the successful implementation, management, and particularly the monitoring and evaluation of the National Development Plans (NDPs) and;
- Strengthen the NAO and NPC's overall capacity to manage Official Development Assistance (ODA) including the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) and other EU-funded initiatives.
Education and Skills
- A taught Bachelor's degree in development, economics, administration, management, logistics, finance or another directly related discipline is a minimum requirement;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or equivalent); and
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Five (5) years post-qualification experience (i.e. Bachelor's degree) in finance or administration is a minimum requirement;
- Thee (3) years of experience in Namibia, or any other SADC country, would be an advantage.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in implementing projects using EU or other development partners' financial systems and procedures is a minimum requirement;
- Three (3) years of experience in archiving and document management is a minimum requirement.