Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the programme of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- To contribute to the achievement of national development goals as stated in Namibia's National Development Plans (NDPs) and Vision 2030.
The purpose of this contract is to provide technical assistance and capacity development to:
- The National Planning Commission (NPC) – and selected line ministries and government agencies – in order to contribute to the successful implementation, management, and particularly the monitoring and evaluation of the National Development Plans (NDPs) and;
- Strengthen the NAO and NPC's overall capacity to manage Official Development Assistance (ODA) including the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) and other EU-funded initiatives.
Education and Skills
- A taught Master's degree (or equivalent qualification) in economics, statistics, social sciences, monitoring and evaluation or another directly related discipline is a minimum requirement;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Very good skills in delivering training and facilitating workshops and conferences;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or equivalent); and
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ten (10) years post-qualification experience (i.e. Master's degree or equivalent) in project cycle management (PCM) in developing countries is a minimum requirement. The experience can either be related to; programming, identification, formulation, implementation or evaluation;
- Five (5) years of experience in Namibia, or any other SADC country, would be an advantage.
- Experience post-qualification (i.e. Master's degree or equivalent) in the; i) design and development and; ii) the roll-out and implementation and; iii) the operation of at least two M&E systems for measuring multi-sectoral (e.g. poverty reduction strategies) policies involving a number of line Ministries at national level is required. Kindly note that it is essential that the experts are involved in all three stages of each M&E system. This is a minimum requirement;
- Three (3) years' experience post-qualification (i.e. Master's degree or equivalent) in the capacity building of key M&E stakeholders in order that a system becomes self-managed is a minimum requirement.