Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the programme of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- To contribute to the achievement of national development goals as stated in Namibia's National Development Plans (NDPs) and Vision 2030.
The purpose of this contract is to provide technical assistance and capacity development to:
- The National Planning Commission (NPC) – and selected line ministries and government agencies – in order to contribute to the successful implementation, management, and particularly the monitoring and evaluation of the National Development Plans (NDPs) and;
- Strengthen the NAO and NPC's overall capacity to manage Official Development Assistance (ODA) including the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) and other EU-funded initiatives.
Education and Skills
- A taught Master's degree (or equivalent qualification) in economics, public administration, international development, project management, or another directly related discipline, is a minimum requirement;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Very good skills in delivering training and facilitating workshops and conferences;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or equivalent); and
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Five (5) years post-qualification experience (i.e. Master's degree or equivalent) of providing assistance directly to a National Authorising Officer (NAO) or Regional Authorising Officer (RAO) (i.e. under a contract where the main objective has been support to the National or Regional Authorising Officer (NAO/RAO) for EDF countries, or in the case of non-EDF countries, similar multi-sectoral national planning structures within government that coordinate development assistance), is a minimum requirement;
- Five (5) years of post-qualification experience in implementing projects using EU and/or EDF procedures which must include; i) programme estimates and; ii) grants and; iii) service contracts (i.e. all three) is a minimum requirement.