Detailed description Back
The global objective is to support the EU Delegation and the Government of Egypt in
- the definition of strategic priorities to support digitalisation in Egypt for the next programming period (2021-2027); and
- the identification and formulation of the EU flagship digital initiative in Egypt in support to digital transformation and digital economy as part of the Annual Action Programme 2022 (AAP 2022).
The specific objectives of this assignment are to:
- Provide (or complement) a strategic sector overview (current digital transformation related challenges, stakeholders analysis; current and future sector strategies and plans, current and future projects – and current and future donors involvement);
- Prepare a mapping of current digital transformation relevant projects and suggest ways to better mainstream it through all cooperation sectors including the suggestion of relevant indicators;
- List priority interventions in the digital sector justifying EU added value while taking into consideration stakeholder’s views (Government, donors, specialised agencies, non-state actors involved in this specific field, etc.) after due consultation;
- Support in the identification of an EU flagship digital transformation initiative for AAP 2022, including detailed scope of work;
- Support in the formulation of an EU flagship digital transformation initiative for AAP 2022, including through the preparation of an Action Document and Annexes according to EU templates and procedures required for external actions;
- Review existing EU support to foster digital transformation issues across sectors and suggest possible avenues for mainstreaming and monitoring digitalisation across sectors for the next Multiannual Financial Framework 2021-2027, in line with EU-Egypt Partnership Priorities and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Qualifications and skills:
- At least Master Degree academic level in a field relevant to the sector Specialisation in the area of digital transformation, ICT, telecommunications, e-government, information engineering, computer science, etc. is a key asset;
- In the absence of a Master’s Degree, an additional 3 years of general experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in the same field.
General professional experience:
Proven experience of at least 12 years in the specific domain of digital for development (leveraging digital technologies and digitalisation for sustainable development, applying digital technologies in a development context, e-governance, digital entrepreneurship and private sector support, digital project management, e-commerce, etc.) and more generally digitalisation, digital transformation, digital economy as well as policy analysis, capacity building and policy reform in the digitalisation field.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in working with governmental executive officers through at least 3 international funded projects in the field of digitalisation, digital transformation, digital economy and digital for development;
- Proven experience of at least 5 years work in the European Southern Neighbourhood region and possibly also with some experience in Egypt; Proven experience of at least 2 designs of large-scale international cooperation projects and programmes in the digitalisation sector;
- Proven experience of at least 1 year in the field of European Union policies in the Digitalisation and digital economy sector is an asset;
- Proven experience of at least 2 years of conducting stakeholders’ consultations and analysis is an asset;
- Proven experience of at least 3 years of project management. Experience in EU-funded projects or programme is an asset;
- Proven international experience outside country of origin is an asset.
Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory. Languages levels are defined for understanding, speaking and writing skills by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages available at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr and shall be demonstrated by certificates or by past relevant experience.