Detailed description Back
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders with:
- an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the AOTTP, paying particular attention to its results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve to understand the performance of the Action, its enabling factors and those hampering a proper delivery of results in order to:
- understand what concrete and realistic measures can be undertaken to maximise the potentialities of the programme during its very last phase;
- inform the finalisation of the exit strategy notably to ensure the durability of the Action;
- inform the planning of possible future EU interventions and Actions in the same sector – both under the EU development policy (notably in Western Africa, Caribbean and Latin America) and/or the CFP.
- 6 years of experience in fisheries science and/or marine biological resources management;
- Proven experience in working with developing countries;
- Proven report writing skills;
- Experience in tuna research, tagging and/or involvement in RFMOs would constitute a strong asset.
Language skills of the team:
- English: at least 2 member shall possess a level C2 expertise;
- French : at least 1 member shall possess a level C2 expertise;
- Portuguese: the fact that 1 member possess B2 expertise would be an asset.