Detailed description Back
The global objectives are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the interested stakeholders with:
- an overall independent assessment of the four budget support programmes listed in section 1.2 paying particular attention to its results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve future Budget Support programmes
The specific objectives are for the evaluation to:
- Assess to what extent the budget support programmes to be evaluated have achieved their expected results, notably through contributing to the implementation of the partner government's national and sector strategies by providing opportunities for the improvement of national policy processes and policy implementation.
- Specifically analyse how the budget support programmes have contributed (or not) to strengthen Public Financial Management (PFM) systems, including improved transparency within government systems, improved Domestic Revenues Mobilisation and stronger accountability.
- Pay attention to other aid modalities (basket/common funds, projects), in order to assess the complementarity and synergy (or discrepancy) of these modalities with budget support.
- Assess the effects of the budget support operations on the M&E systems in the sectors supported by the programme. Budget support should aim to strengthen the monitoring systems in the sectors it supports, in alignment with the existing national level monitoring and evaluation systems and contribute to the improved availability and credibility of data. Availability of the robust progress reports by the government, providing results information against targets set under the strategy, and the use of these reports to facilitate informed policy dialogue between the different stakeholders (CSOs, private sector, Parliament, donors) and evidence-based decision making is one indicator of the capacity of the government in the area of M&E.
The evaluation will take stock of what has been achieved with the main purpose to allow for lessons learnt and recommendations to inform on:
- the conditions under which budget support has an effect (or not) and the possible intensity and nature (positive or negative) of such effect in Armenia;
- the design and implementation of future budget support operations in Armenia;
- improvements to be set up by the European Union to maximize the impact of budget support in Armenia;
- constraints in government policies, institutional structures and administrative arrangements in Armenia which might impede the effectiveness of Budget Support on spending actions and targeted public policies and reforms.
- 8 years of experience in evaluation;
- 5 years of experience in evaluation of Budget Support Programmes.
Russian at C1 level