Detailed description Back
The overall objective to assist the EU Delegation to Pakistan to secure proper monitoring of the implementation of the above-mentioned decision for the grant and technical assistance contract components.
The specific objective of this contract is to assist the EU Delegation to Pakistan in performing monitoring activities of EU-funded contracts under SUCCESS decision as mentioned above, mainly in relation to:
- Result 1 of the Decision, aiming at 770.000 rural households in 8 districts mobilized and capacitated through community organizations of which at least 70% will continue to function effectively at the end of the project;
- Result 2 of the Decision, namely an average sustainable increase of poor household incomes by 30%;
- Result 3 of the Decision, namely increased economic and social services and community benefits from upgraded community infrastructures and productive assets operated and maintained with community involvement;
- Result 4 of the Decision, namely a dedicated Sindh Province policy and budget framework for community-driven local development implemented from 2018 onwards.
Education and Skills
- The team leader should have a relevant University degree at least at Master's level (Minimum Requirement) in the field of Development Economics (Preferred Requirement), Social Sciences, Rural Development or equivalent;
- Post graduate studies and/or specific training in subjects related to the experts' assignment under this contract is an asset (PR).
General professional experience
- At least 12 years professional experience (MR);
- At least 10 years professional experience in developing countries (MR);
- At least 5-year experience as Team Leader implementing complex projects with Government authorities (MR), while coordinating with other donors and Civil Society Organisations (PR);
- Professional experience in volatile environment (PR);
- Experience in implementation of EU-funded projects (PR).
Specific professional experience
- At least twelve years solid and diversified experience working in the area of skills development and human resource development/ economic development in particular in thematic linked to decentralisation, community mobilisation and local governance (PR);
- At least eight years' professional experience of working in South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) (PR);
- At least 5 years' experience in Systemic Approaches to institutional (& organisational) development, reform, capacity building and change processes in the rural development sector in developing countries (PR);
- International experience outside Asia on comparable projects (PR);
- Experience of monitoring of at least 5 projects related to rural development or community mobilisation (PR);
- Experience of administration structure and civil society environment in Pakistan (PR);
- Experience in community-based interventions, especially regarding community-grants.
- All experts should have full working knowledge of English and excellent report writing skills (MR);
- Good command of Sindhi (MR) or Urdu (PR) by at least one of the team expert.