Detailed description Back
Objectives of the evaluation
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders and the wider public with:
- An overall independent assessment of the past performance of the 'Support to rural livelihoods and climate change adaptation in the Himalaya, paying particular attention to its results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- Key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve as an independent assessment of the:
- Extent to which the project has achieved its intended results at target countries and at regional level;
- The levels of influence and effectiveness of core components of the project design viz action research, pilots, policy, capacity building and knowledge sharing in enhancing the resilience of the mountain communities in HKH region;
- ICIMOD's comparative advantages and challenges in view of potential future cooperation and EU priorities in the region, and enhancing the EU visibility in the region;
- Identify good practices, lessons learnt case studies, models for potential adaptation / replication, which can be built upon / synergize with the existing EU instruments in the region (e.g. SWITCH Asia, bilateral programmes, thematic initiatives, Asia Investment Facility etc) and collaborations with the respective EU Delegations in the region.
- At least a Master degree in environmental science, development studies, climate change, natural resource management, or related fields, OR equivalent professional experience of at least 15 years in the sector if the candidate does not possess a Master;
- A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in the field of environment, climate change, Natural Resource Management;
- Minimum of 5 experiences in evaluation and monitoring of development co-operation projects, financed by different types of Donors/Institutions, like the European Union, bilateral donors and multilateral institutions in the field of environment, climate change and development programmes;
- At least 3 experiences as team leader;
- Previous experience in conducting complex multi-country and multi stakeholder evaluations.
- English: evaluation expert shall possess a level C2 expertise.