Detailed description Back
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the interested stakeholders with:
- An overall independent assessment of the past performance of the three contracts: (1) “Support to structural and institutional reforms in Belarus” (components 1-2); 2) “Strengthening the National Bank of Belarus”; 3) Support to the Ministry of Finance on International Standards of Auditing. an overview of the current state of affairs in Belarus in terms of Public Finance Management reform (PFM reform). In particular such areas of the sector should be analysed: government effectiveness and public policy, comprehensiveness of budget and its oversight, controls in revenue collection and budget execution, public procurement, corruption and fraud;
- Identification of key issues/areas of possible intervention/technical assistance in transition to the best European standards and practices in the area of PFM;
- General summary on key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions in area of PFM and related institutions.
In particular, this final evaluation will serve to understand the performance of the respective contracts (Action) in the context of the TCF, its enabling factors and those hampering a proper delivery of results as to inform the planning of the future EU interventions and Actions in reform of public finance management and public administration in Belarus.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Master’s degree in economics, law, political or social science or, in its absence, at least 3 additional years of professional experience on top of the 6 years required under general professional experience below.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years of accumulated professional experience in public finance management, public administration and financial management.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience in project/programme design in the area of PFM reform with at least 2 designs conducted (ToR, DoA, preparation of the Action Document, etc.);
- Experience in project /programme implementation in the field of PFM or PAR (at least 2 references as key expert);
- Experience in the area of evaluation will be considered as advantage;
- Experience in the area of project/programme monitoring will be considered as advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English; good spoken Russian of at least one expert will be considered as advantage.