Detailed description Back
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the interested stakeholders and the wider public with:
- an overall independent assessment of the past performance of all the EU financial assistance till in the Environment and Climate Change Sector, paying particular attention to the results of all assistance till IPA II and intermediate results of ESOP measured against their expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve to
- Identify results and impacts of Environment Sector support during pre-IPA and IPA I periods;
- Verify the relevance and coherence of IPA II ESOP;
- Guide decision making for IPA III;
- Identify facts and figures for communicating the achievements of the EU support in Turkey.
Qualifications and skills:
- Education at least Master’s Degree or, in its absence, equivalent professional working experience of minimum 10 years in the sector(s) related to, i.e. evaluation and/or environment and/or climate change.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years for in the sector(s) related to assignment, i.e. evaluation and/or environment and/or climate change.
Specific professional experience:
Minimum 3 years of specific experience for in total accumulated in one or more of the below areas of expertise. The team as a whole have to provide expertise in the following areas of specialisation:
- Programme and/or Project Evaluation of internationally funded projects. Experience in Programme and/or Project Evaluation of EU financed projects is a strong asset;
- Programme and project design (programming) for international financing. Programme and project design (programming) for EU financing is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of European Union and European Commission’s policies, strategy, operational tools and financial procedures (PRAG) to support the field of Environment and Climate Change is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Turkish context (previous work experiences in Turkey) focusing on Environment and climate change is an asset;
- Management of environmental infrastructure and/or implementation of environmental infrastructure projects;
- Environment and climate change policy development;
- EU acquis and regulations in the field of Environment and climate change;
- Environmental Economics.
- English: all members shall possess a level C1 expertise;
- Turkish: at least 1 member shall possess a level C1 expertise.