Detailed description Back
The general objective of this Programme is to contribute to the improvement of public perception and attitudes towards the EU and to the development of a more receptive environment for European values and principles in Neighbourhood partner countries, by delivering and fostering a more tailored and strategic approach in communicating about the impacts of the ENP across the two partner regions. The Programme complements and supports the communication work of the Delegations in the countries and benefits from the close collaboration with the communication teams in DG NEAR and the EEAS StratCom Task Forces. It is designed to reach ‘soft centre’ audiences – seeking to shift neutral attitudes to positive ones – across all of the countries concerned, including territories and breakaway regions.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- To improve the EU perception and position it as an active and impactful actor in the world and in the Neighbourhood, through the promotion of its values of democracy, cooperation and international solidarity;
- To raise awareness and improve understanding of the benefits and results for citizens of the ENP in the Southern and Eastern partner countries through facts and human-interest stories about the EU and its actions, made available in local languages and through appropriate dissemination channels;
- To stimulate a positive public debate among the target audiences about the EU and the partnership with the EU, in particular by building a strong network of multipliers of young age and by working with the local media with a view to maximising outreach to the general public;
- To measure the support to and monitor the public perception of the EU in the partner countries;
- To contribute to addressing issues related to disinformation, including by raising awareness across the two partner regions;
- To create and maintain momentum and demand in society for transformational reforms (including but not limited to: accountable and transparent governance, rule of law, anti-corruption, judiciary);
- To build associations between the reform process and tangible improvements in the daily lives of citizens.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree, or equivalent in at least one of the following fields: media, communication, marketing or advertising;
- Excellent command of English and French (written and oral);
- Working level proficiency in Arabic is an asset.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in at least one of the following fields: media, communication, marketing or advertising.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience of professional experience in managing projects in at least one of the following fields: media, communication, marketing or advertising;
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in managing social media including producing digital content, audio-visual materials and dissemination/online outreach strategies;
- specific experience in communication activities targeting audiences in the Southern Neighbourhood region is an asset.