Detailed description Back
The overall objective of the contract is as follows: “Accelerate partner countries transition towards low-carbon, resource efficient and resilient economies in line with the EU Green Deal, the Paris Agreement, the Sendai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and the Sustainable Development Goals”.
The purpose of this contract is to deliver high level technical assistance and policy advice at country, regional and global level to support the design, update and implementation of partner countries NDCs, Long Term Strategies (LTSs) and National Adaptation Plans (NAPs) in the context of the Paris Agreement, the Sendai Framework and the 2030 Agenda.
The core team experts shall cover – as a team – at least seven of the following areas of expertise:
- Support to upgrade and implementation of NDCs or long-term (mid-century) low green-house gas emission development strategies;
- Support to the design and implementation of climate adaptation measures, NAPs, nature-based solutions for adaptation and mitigation purposes;
- Technical assistance, advice on climate loss and damage, disaster risk reduction, risk and emergency preparedness, early warning systems, risk assessment and management, and resilience of communities, livelihoods and ecosystems;
- Support to design and implementation of public economic policies (fiscal, monetary, financial, or procurement) contributing to climate mitigation and adaptation objectives;
- Support to design and application of Environmental, social and governance (ESG) measures and standards in the context of sustainable economic development and finance (e.g. EU Taxonomy, disclosures, standards as included in the EU renewed sustainable finance strategy) and the Paris Agreement;
- Advice, technical support and analytical work related to the development of carbon market and non-market mechanisms, carbon market readiness, carbon taxation, Emissions Trading Schemes;
- Analytical work and/or concrete implementation of GHG emissions inventories at sector and national level, monitoring, reporting and verification systems in the context of NDCs;
- Carbon footprint calculations at project and/or product level, methodologies for the Assessment of Project GHG Emissions and Emission Variations;
- Natural capital accounting, valuation for ecosystems services.
Qualifications and skills:
- He/she has have a university degree (Master’s or equivalent);
- Ability to operate in the English language at C2 level for understanding, speaking and writing skills according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages as demonstrated by certificate or by past relevant experience;
- Ability to operate in the French language at C2 level for understanding, speaking and writing skills according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages as demonstrated by certificate or by past relevant experience;
- Ability to operate in Spanish or Portuguese (B2 level) is an asset;
- Advanced IT skills.
General professional experience:
- He/she has a minimum of 6 years in knowledge management and brokering, training design and delivery and/or communication – including inter alia management of social media, awareness campaigns, newsletters, design of communication and visibility products;
- Experience in statistical data management and analysis is an asset;
- Experience in gender mainstreaming related to his/her area of expertise is an asset;
- Previous experience with EU-funded projects is an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 2 years of experience related to knowledge management and brokering in the field of climate and environment.