Detailed description Back
The global objective is to identify and assess environmental and climate change issues to be considered during the preparation of a country programme, which will directly or indirectly influence EU cooperation with the country.
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- Key environmental and climate-related issues and parameters orient the upcoming 2021-27 programming cycle so as to ensure the alignment with the Green Deal Agenda (including its components on climate, biodiversity, circular economy, farm to fork and zero pollution);
- A common understanding and guidance on effective merging of development objectives with environmental and climate-related objectives across all cooperation sectors are ensured in an effort towards “greening” EU cooperation with South Sudan.
Qualifications and skills:
- University Degree / minimum required MSc. level in Natural Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Economics and Climate Change, Geology or equivalent.
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years of professional experience related to the environmental sector, including (and preferably) in developing countries.
Specific professional experience:
- Demonstrated experience (at least 3 assignments) in undertaking environmental studies such as country environmental profiles, Strategic Environmental assessments (SEA), environmental impact assessments, climate risk assessment (CRA) or similar;
- Experience in environmental issues analysis, including institutional aspects, international environmental policies and management, green economy policies and climate change;
- Experience in activity coordination, participatory planning, as well as team management;
- Extended knowledge of EU development cooperation: current relevant strategies, core values and cross cutting issues, the Green Deal Agenda, financing instruments, project cycle management including programming, procedures and approaches;
- Previous work experience in East African countries and South Sudan in particular would be an advantage.
- Perfect command of English both oral and written.
Other skills and abilities:
- Facilitation, communication, negotiation, training & coaching, result orientation.