Detailed description Back
The global objective is to identify and assess environmental and climate change issues to be considered during the preparation of a country programme, which will directly or indirectly influence EU cooperation with the country.
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- Key environmental and climate-related issues and parameters orient the upcoming 2021-27 programming cycle so as to ensure the alignment with the Green Deal Agenda (including its components on climate, biodiversity, circular economy, farm to fork and zero pollution);
- A common understanding and guidance on effective merging of development objectives with environmental and climate-related objectives across all cooperation sectors are ensured in an effort towards “greening” EU cooperation with South Sudan.
Qualifications and skills:
- University Degree / minimum required MSc. level in Development Economics, Agricultural Economics, Development & International Cooperation, Agri-business or equivalent.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years of professional experience related to rural development and sustainable natural resources management, including (and preferably) in developing countries.
Specific professional experience:
- Demonstrated experience (at least two assignments) in natural resources management and climate change resilience, adaptation or mitigation studies linked to sustainable rural development or other sectors;
- Experience in environmental and climate change mainstreaming in development programs, as well as other key cross cutting issues (such as gender equality, human rights, DRM, conflict mitigation etc.);
- Experience in value-chain assessment and /or promotion of private sector involvement in relation to forests, natural parks and natural resources management or NR protection in general;
- Previous work experience in East African countries and South Sudan in particular would be an advantage.
- Perfect command of English both oral and written.
Other skills and abilities:
- Facilitation, communication, negotiation, training & coaching, result orientation.