Detailed description Back
The global objective of the assignment is to enhance the communication and visibility of the IAEREP, LTDRP and KDRP Actions, of which this Specific Contract will be part, with a focus on integrating the various information, communication and visibility (ICV) activities of each Action into a coherent ICV framework. The communication and visibility activities should demonstrate, in an efficient and effective way, the benefits of the Actions and of the EU grant funding. Communication and visibility support shall also take into consideration the cross-cutting objectives of the EU funded actions such as environment and climate change, rights-based approach and gender equality.
The specific objectives of this evaluation are to:
- Create cohesion and synergies between visibility measures of individual implementing parties;
- Raise awareness on how the EU and/or other partners involved in the Actions is/are working together to support Zambia (and Zimbabwe, for Action 3) and instil public confidence in the Actions by ensuring transparency of communication and accountability to the general public;
- Provide inclusive, efficient and effective communication and support (including trainings/capacity building) to promote the Actions, disseminate results and give visibility to EU funding;
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of the ICV activities, including the existing CVPs for the 3 concerned projects, to improve efficiency and effectiveness, for accountability and learning purposes.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a taught Master’s Degree in one the following areas; public relations, communication, digital marketing, journalism, advertising or related field, or, in its absence, relevant general professional experience of 5 years in addition to the years set out in the general professional experience plus a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant technical or professional qualification in one of the afore-mentioned areas (minimum requirement).
- Good computer skills in standard office packages and main computer operating systems and interfaces (desirable);
- Fully versatile on social media, connectivity and social networking and PowerPoint, Photoshop, graphic design or similar applications/softwares (desirable);
- Strong ability to edit and communicate complex messages in everyday terms and in a compelling and effective way (desirable) – please provide at least one example where the expert has been the lead contributor;
- Knowledge and understanding of Monitoring & Evaluation tools/techniques used to assess the impact of C&V plans/activities (desirable);
- Planning and organisational skills (desirable);
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal / external partners in a multicultural environment (desirable);
- Ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences (desirable).
General professional experience:
At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in public relations, communication, digital marketing, journalism, advertising or related field (minimum requirement).
Specific professional experience:
- At least 2 service contracts in a position of Team Leader (desirable);
- Proven experience in managing at least 2 thematic campaigns (desirable);
- Proven experience in the full range of communications approaches, tools and methodologies related to planning, executing and monitoring of communication work (desirable);
- Proven experience in training of staff on visibility/communication issues (desirable);
- Experience in managing campaigns in the energy/water/environment sectors (desirable);
- Experience in the successful design of a communication and visibility plan of an EU funded action (desirable) – please provide relevant example (if applicable). Where possible please provide links to relevant websites clearly stating for which criteria they are for. Alternatively FWContractors can submit examples in annex to their proposal, again clearly stating for which criteria they are related to.
Fluency in both written and spoken English (minimum requirement) – because of the high requirements in fluency and style, it is desirable that the expert possesses a C2 level of proficiency in English.