Long term Agreement for the provision of timely and high quality technical expertise to the UNICEF education sector in the areas of early learning, gender/girls’ education and inclusive education, quality and learning and education in emergencies and resilience.
To meet the expected growth in demand for technical services and capacity support and to provide responsive and rapid support, the Education Section in UNICEF NYHQ did establish a Long Term Agreement (LTA) with several sector specialized consulting organizations that can be called upon at short notice to provide technical assistance, advice, capacity building or support services to UNICEF regional and country offices when requested.
The following categories are covered:
- education research and analysis
- education planning and budgeting
- education policy development
- curriculum and teacher development
- technical capacity building
- education related information and knowledge management
Specialist areas include:
- Early Childhood Development (ECD), Early Learning Development Standards (ELDS), National policies on early learning and school readiness, Development and use of standards and measurements for early learning and school readiness, Institutional pre-schools, Community-based child development and early learning, Parenting education and school readiness; capacity development for the various actors engaged in ECD planning and delivery; M&E and costing of ECD interventions
- Non-formal education (including adult literacy), Girls’ primary and pre-primary education, Girls’ Secondary Education, UN Girls Education Imitative (UNGEI), Education for children with disabilities, Violence in schools including gender-based violence, M&E in Education, Secondary Education, school construction and design, pedagogy, teacher training, data & evidence building, Economics of Education, ICTs for education, Open and Distance Learning (ODL)
- Education materials for learning and teaching including classroom technology, teacher education and management, multilingual education and mother tongue language, learning assessment systems, curriculum reform or development, innovation, school leadership and management, literacy, Life Skills Education (LSE), social emotional learning (SEL), Education Financing, School health, nutrition, food and other non-education interventions, Adolescent development – building assets and skills, Global Citizenship Education (GCE), Education and Labour Market
- Risk assessments and risk informed programming (Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation), Peacebuilding Education, Life skills and vocation training, Education cluster coordination in humanitarian action, teacher capacity development and deployment
For further details: please contact Hilde Cornelissen at email@example.com
Job opportunities under this LTA are posted on the Jobs page